Fashion is a kind of communication. It’s a language without words. A great hat speaks for itself” – Author unknown
As fashion accessories, hats express style and attitude. The hat is a must–have and comes in a range of shapes, colors and textures. There are also many different hat styles therefore you have lots of choices. There is a hat that’s perfect for your personal style – but don’t be afraid to experiment and step outside your comfort zone.
Here are a few things to remember when wearing a hat:
• Consider the Look – think about what color works best on you and the material of the hat; felt, cotton and wool hats are popular during winter months while woven and straw hats are best suited for warm weather.
• Pair it Properly – there is a hat for every outfit. Beanies are casual to try with jeans and T-shirts. Fedoras can be worn from anything casual to a little black dress. And boater hats are a new trend that can be worn with just about anything. Don’t be too matchy-matchy with bright color hats. Aim for neutrals so that your hat takes center stage.
• Think About your Hair – if you pick a hat and something doesn’t look right; try changing your hairstyle for a better overall look.
• Experiment with Angles – what suits your head and face shape may be different then what suits someone else.
• Be Confident – the most important tip for wearing hats is do it with confidence – all those heads turning in your direction think you look great.
Fall is the perfect time to wear a hat while keeping you warm at the same time.
How do you style yours?
Until next time,
XO Team Posh