The Posh Mommy is committed to using fashion as a force for good as the increasingly popular online consignment boutique partners with Mental Health Resources, Inc. during May to raise awareness of mental illness. In addition to online sales, a portion of proceeds from a Shop Posh trunk show on Saturday, May 16 will be donated to Mental Health Resources. The boutique shopping event will be held at D. Nolo in the North Loop (219 N. 2nd Street) from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Fashionistas and bargain hunters have the opportunity to make a difference in the Minneapolis community while shopping for high-end women's clothing donated by wives, girlfriends and significant others of professional athletes.
Mental Health Resources, Incorporation of St. Paul, which was launched from a grassroots movement of families, clients and service providers concerned about the closing of Hastings State Hospital and the lack of available community services. The thriving mission of the Mental Health Resources, Incorporation is to foster hope, health and recovery for those affected by mental illness. EVERY purchase this month will benefit this cause and spread love to those who need it most.
MHR collaborates with clients and families to facilitate learning and growth for individuals, families and the community and foster client empowerment and expectation of success.
MHR believes that persons with mental illness can learn to lead full lives in the community. We challenge ourselves and the larger community to address barriers that inhibit their independence, growth, and recovery.
MHR will be an innovator and premier provider of recovery-based, behavioral health services in the metropolitan area. In adapting to the changing environment, MHR and its collaborators will develop innovative approaches to recovery-based services that demonstrate measurable outcomes for improving the lives of those affected by mental illness.
- Integrity in our work with clients, their families, our colleagues and wherever we represent MHR in the community
- The dignity of our clients and each other in our work for MHR
- Professional competence that guides our actions and interactions with clients and others in the community
- Multicultural awareness and competence that guides our actions and interactions with clients and others in the community
- Compassion for our clients, our colleagues, and ourselves, and we encourage this practice in the broader community
- Innovation in developing programs and services aligned with our Mission.
- A culture that uses measurable outcomes to continuously learn and improve while being accountable to clients, funders, the community and ourselves.
The Posh Mommy's Shop Posh shopping experience sponsoring the Mental Health Resources, Incorporation will allow guests to shop designer brands for less with a great opportunity to make a straight donation towards this beautiful cause.