We're feeling it; that slow but steady walk toward the start of springtime. Maybe it's still blustery cold where you're at, but you can still get excited for all of the fun, warm-weathered activities that springtime will bring.
Now's a great time to start rummaging through your closet and transitioning those pieces from winter to spring and here are the five easy steps to do it.
1. Start by taking everything out of your closet and sorting through each item. Put aside any items that you no longer need or wear, consider donating the pieces to an organization in your area, and keep the items that are still in good condition that you can envision yourself wearing.
2. Refresh your space by giving it a good clean. This is the perfect time to dust the shelves, vacuum the floor, and organize everything to give you that real “winter to spring” feel since spring cleaning always brings a wonderful reset. Purchase some organizers that suit your style.
3. Invest in a few key pieces for the new season. Think lightweight jackets, printed blouses, casual dresses, and light-wash denim. If some pieces have been a staple for years like sneakers but they need to be replaced, pick up a new, fresh pair that will go with various outfits.
4. Store away winter items that you won't need for the season, such as heavy jackets and sweaters. These items aren’t needed for springtime, so save up some space in your closet by taking them out and putting them elsewhere.
5. Now it's time to put everything back in your closet! Make sure to arrange your seasonal items by color, so you can find everything easily. You can also add some new accessories like a hat or scarf to add a bit of personality. Enjoy your updated closet and get ready to welcome spring!
Exclusive tips from our last blog: Always Look Your Best with These 6 Classic Workwear Essentials