Hello everyone! Earlier this week we were going through our Pinterest page (if you don't already follow us you should!) and came across a pin by whowhatwear.com about the basic principles of a complete wardrobe. It had such great points that we wanted to share it with you and expand on some of the thoughts. Let's get started!
1. Quality // "It's a better long-term investment to buy high-quality pieces that last for several seasons." We couldn't agree more! This topic has come up more than once on our blog, including this recent post about 5 accessories you should invest in.
2. Variety // "Opt for a mix of classic pieces and trend-driven updates." Another great point to keep in mind! Because as much as we love trendy chokers, there's nothing more classic than a simple pendant necklace.
3. Form & Function // "Your clothes should be both practical (easy to move in, comfortable) and beautiful." As women we often wear many hats- boss, mom, wife, etc. It's important to be able to flow from one task to another and a functional yet beautiful wardrobe can make that a lot easier.
4. Versatility // "Stock your closet with pieces that can work for multiple occasions, outfits, and seasons."Along with being functional, you also need pieces that are versatile. Outfits that can take us from carpool to work to soccer games to happy hour are the best kind of outfits.
5. Personality // "Your clothes should be a reflection of your current personal style." Whether you're minimalist, boho, or somewhere in-between - there's nothing more fun than expressing yourself through clothes.
Do you have anything to add to this? We'd love to hear it!
Until next time,